I overcame a 25-year gaming disorder.
Watch the video to learn more:
This ebook teaches:
- How to recognize a gaming disorder,
- Why video games are so addictive.
- The 2018 statistics on who the gamers really are (hint: it’s not the stereotypical under-18 male).
- My personal journey through a 25-year video game addiction.
- The problems of vicarious gaming (aka: watching other gamers on Youtube or Twitch).
- The 7 ways to game less
- The 5-phase process to stop gaming disorder completely.
- Bonuses include an audio-version and a video-walkthrough version of the eBook.
Available at www.DrSamShay.com/gaming-disorder-help
Interviews/Podcasts on video game addiction:
- “Reset Me with Dr. C” podcast with Dr. Alan Christianson: “Adrenal Fatigue and Video Games”
- “BodyTalk Radio” with Heather Morgan: “How to know if you have a video game addiction”
- “BodyTalk Radio” with Heather Morgan: “Video game holiday (or weekend) survival guide (for parents)”
Articles by Dr. Shay on video game addiction:
- The 3 definitive (and measurable) signs of gaming disorder
- The 5 uses of video games as parenting tools: How they work and how they backfire to create gaming disorder
- Published in the NZ Fitness Journal: Video Game Holiday Survival Guide
- Gaming Disorder prevention plan for the weekends and holidays: How to keep your loved one from vanishing into a gaming disorder