Schedule a free 15-min phone consult with Dr. Shay to see if you are the right fit for the “10 Pillars of Health” approach.
Appointments done virtually, saving you time commuting and money parking or hiring a babysitter.
This is the 10 Pillars of Health, which are the underlying causes of chronic issues. This is the exact model I developed from helping people with chronic issues and found those with chronic issues have at least 7 out of 10 pillars “crumbling”, resulting in a chronic issue. Here is a visual representation of the 10 Pillars:
* Brain: Brain balance, hormone systems like adrenals and thyroid.
* Bowel: Gut health, digestion, bowel function.
* Body: Old/chronic injuries, strains/sprains, accidents
* Burst: Exercise: Too little, too much, or the wrong type
* Bio-toxins: Toxic exposures, heavy metals, pesticides, off-gassing
* Bio-nutrients: Nutritional deficiency, poor quality food, inferior quality supplements
* Breakfast: Skipping breakfast and other bad routines
* Bothers: Chronic and acute stress, clutter, overwhelm, anxiety
* Bugs: Infections (mould, parasites, old glandular fever, H. Pylori) & beneficial bacterial balance
* Bedtime: Sleep disruption, insomnia, waking between 1-4am each night, snoring, shift work, or other sleep problems.
* My clinical experience has shown me that people struggle to get better because they have not been properly evaluated in a truly holistic way, covering all 10 if the Pillars of Health. Once the ‘crumbling’ pillars are identified, you’ll receive a straightforward set of recommendations to rebuild those pillars.
When the “Pillars” crumble due to bad lifestyle choices or bad circumstances, the body has 1-4 adaptive responses (inflammation, blood sugar imbalance, free radicals, and/or tissue breakdown).
Chronic adaptation leads to damage to 1-3 of the body’s main systems (neuroendocrine, gut metabolism, and liver detoxification).
Breakdown of body systems leads to symptoms.
Symptoms leads to coping with bad lifestyle choices, which restarts the cycle.
You can end the cycle by:
- Identifying the lifestyle changes,
- Functional testing to identify which adaptations your body is going through and which body systems are damaged, and
- Get a customized lifestyle, diet, and nutrition plan to rebuild your Pillars, halt the adaptation response, and rebuild your body systems.
If you choose to do a full consult package, here is what it includes:
Initial consult package:
* Review of your Initial online health survey: * I review the extensive survey (175+ questions) prior to the consult so I arrive to the consult with a full understanding of what is going on. This also saves you a lot of time and money as I can efficiently review the answers in writing so we can spend the initial consult time
- I don’t know if you’ve ever had the experience of going to a clinician who only opened your file once you first walked into the room, but I have and I didn’t like it and promised to not to ever do that to someone who I would help. Survey is sent via secured link which is HIPAA-compliant and results are automatically sent back to me to review.
- Done over phone or equivalent (Whatsapp, Skype, Facetime, etc.)
Review in detail the results and what the next steps are (lifestyle changes, nutrition, and functional testing if required).
Detailed follow up email:
- Contains next action steps. The one-to-one consults are very detailed and I email a detailed follow up email.
Personal coaching is right for you if…
- You want someone to break down nutrition and exercise into simple step-by-step protocols.
- You are committed to creating the time, energy, and focus to implement recommendations 100%.
- You are ready to make positive changes in your life.
- You are a self-starter.
- You want more time with less stress.
- You want simple, low-tech tools that make sense.
- You want a practical approach that doesn’t make you look ‘weird’ to your friends, family, and colleagues.
- You are overwhelmed by all the different health programs, products, protocols, and personalities.
- You have something you’re devoted to greater than yourself (e.g. your family, a cause, etc.) to motivate you to succeed.
- You have at least a part-time job and/or financial support.
- You have “tried everything” and have had temporary, marginal, or no results.
- You are willing to learn new ways to exercise, eat, sleep or think.
- You welcome new health recommendations and are willing to change your routine to try them.
- You prioritize your personal progress over your personal comfort.
- You are willing to ask for support from those closest to you to achieve your goals.
- You don’t let other sabotage your efforts to make positive changes in your lifestyle.
- You are devoted to something greater than yourself (e.g. your family, a cause, etc.) to help motivate you.
- You are an action taker!